Abdul Latif Jameel Finance is committed to Respecting Your Privacy
Abdul Latif Jameel Finance is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with relevant laws including, without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). This policy details how Abdul Latif Jameel Finance collects, holds, stores and discloses your personal information that is held via your interface with Abdul Latif Jameel Finance and its website www.aljfinance.com.eg
The collecting or processing of your personal data is based on current legislation, our legitimate interest in reviewing and promoting our services, and, if applicable, any existing contractual relationship we may have with you.
Who Collects Your Information via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website?
The Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website is owned and operated by Abdul Latif Jameel Finance, a company registered in Egypt and whose registered office is 163 El Sudan St. Mohandseen Giza, Egypt (“Company”).
Information Collected About You
Abdul Latif Jameel Finance collects personal information about you to inform you and provide you with information regarding Abdul Latif Jameel Finance, its business and activities and to deal with any enquiries you may have in respect of Abdul Latif Jameel Finance.
Abdul Latif Jameel Finance MAY COLLECT THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU:
- Forename(s) and surname;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number;
- Postal address; and
- IP address based on the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website cookies.
You may provide information about yourself by filling in the enquiry form on the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website, by corresponding with • Abdul Latif Jameel Finance by any of the following methods: the contact e-mail address made available on the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website, when you register to receive Abdul Latif Jameel Finance newsletters, by subscribing to Abdul Latif Jameel Finance’s informational post, participating in other social media activities made available via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website, participating in any customer surveys or, when you report a problem with the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website or make any form of enquiry.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU VIA
THE Abdul Latif Jameel Finance WEBSITE.
With regard to each of your visits to the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website, the following information may be automatically collected by Abdul Latif Jameel Finance website using an automated data analytics tool to record and analyse how visitors use our website:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website (including date and time); pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call any Abdul Latif Jameel Finance contact number.
We may also use website visitor statistical data to analyse trends and demographics of Abdul Latif Jameel Finance visitors. Please note that we do not assign each visitor an individual profile.
INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM OTHER SOURCES.
Abdul Latif Jameel Finance may receive information about you if you use any other websites operated by a Abdul Latif Jameel Finance business, or any service provided by Abdul Latif Jameel Finance. Abdul Latif Jameel Finance works closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, customer survey providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses Made of the Information
Abdul Latif Jameel Finance USES PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
for internal record keeping and administration;
- to identify you when you contact Abdul Latif Jameel Finance;
- to provide you with the information and services you request via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website (including without limitation news items, marketing collateral, information and updates about the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance);
- to be shared with Abdul Latif Jameel Finance businesses;
- to provide you with information about goods or services which may interest you;
- to provide you with information about goods, products and services similar to those you may have already expressed an interest in or enquired about;
- to perform and analyse the results of customer surveys and feedback about Abdul Latif Jameel Finance, including but not limited to being combined with information gathered from other survey participants;
- to allow you to be contacted by third parties who carry out customer surveys and feedback about Abdul Latif Jameel Finance (when you consent to the same);
- to notify you about changes to the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website’s service;
- to address and resolve any enquires you may have raised via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website; and/or
- to ensure content from the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Abdul Latif Jameel Finance USES INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE ELMOBASHER WEBSITE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- to administer the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of efforts to keep the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of promotional and marketing activities, and to deliver relevant promotional and marketing activities to you; and/or
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website about goods or services which may interest you or them?
INFORMATION THAT Abdul Latif Jameel Finance RECEIVES FROM OTHER SOURCES.
Information from other sources may be combined with information you provide and information collected about you. This information and the combined information may be used for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information received). In particular, statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies (including clear gifs) may be collected to help monitor your response to Abdul Latif Jameel Finance e-newsletters and to improve these e-newsletters.
How Will We Contact You
Abdul Latif Jameel Finance and its third party service providers (e.g. marketing fulfillment agencies and the like) as applicable may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message unless otherwise instructed by you.
Disclosure of Your Information
However, you agree and consent that:
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITH ANY Abdul Latif Jameel Finance BUSINESS. IN PARTICULAR, IF YOU SUBMIT AN ENQUIRY USING THE ENQUIRY FORM AVAILABLE ON THE Abdul Latif Jameel Finance WEBSITE, YOUR ENQUIRY AND ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE IN IT WILL BE SENT TO THE RELEVANT Abdul Latif Jameel Finance BUSINESS(ES) (BASED ON THE ENQUIRY CRITERIA YOU SELECT). YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY THEN BE HELD BY SUCH A Abdul Latif Jameel Finance BUSINESS (ES) AS PART OF ITS ENQUIRY / CUSTOMER DATABASE.
Your personal information may be shared with selected third parties including:
- Marketing services providers to deliver e-newsletter and updates;
- Market research businesses or similar organizations for the undertaking and analysis of customer surveys and feedback;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who perform services on behalf of Abdul Latif Jameel Finance; and
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist in the improvement and optimization of the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties:
- In the event any business of Abdul Latif Jameel Finance sells or buys any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If an Abdul Latif Jameel Finance business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If there is a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website’s and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any Abdul Latif Jameel Finance business, customers, or others. This includes without limitation exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where Your Personal Data is Stored and Data Transfers
The data collected from you via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website will be initially stored on servers currently located in the Egypt.
In order to provide you with our services, we may need to transfer your personal information to locations outside of the jurisdiction in which you provide it.
If you are based within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please note that your personal information may need to be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who work for any Abdul Latif Jameel Finance international organization or for one of its suppliers. In accordance with the GDPR, we will only transfer your data outside of the EEA if:
- the country to which we are transferring your data has been approved by a decision of the European Commission as having adequate levels of protection for data subjects’ rights and freedoms (Please see the following link for the latest list of approved countries: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en);
- we have appropriate safeguards in place to ensure that your data is protected (see more on this below);
- we have your explicit consent to the proposed data transfer after being informed of any potential risks; or
- the transfer is necessary for one of the other reasons under the GDPR, including to allow us to perform any contracts we have with you, to protect your interests, and in limited cases, for our legitimate interest.
By providing your personal data to the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION KEPT?
The time period for which your information is kept varies according to what your information is used for. In some cases there are legal or regulatory requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep the information, it will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
Information about your visits to the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website will be stored by us for at least three years from the date of our last interaction with you and in compliance with our obligations under the GDPR.
In the event that we provide any services to you, your relevant personal information will be retained for at least six years from the date of our last interaction with you and in compliance with our obligations under the GDPR.
At any time you can ask for your stored information to be deleted from the Company’s database using the contact details below. However, some of your information may be retained in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce terms and conditions or as required by regulators. Further, in some circumstances such information is never entirely removed from databases due to technical constraints and systems back-ups.
We have implemented appropriate information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees, partners, consultants, workers and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal information.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information held and processed by Abdul Latif Jameel Finance:
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how it is handled.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO RECTIFY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
RECTIFY - if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REQUEST YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS ERASED
ERASURE - you can ask us to delete or remove your personal information where the processing is not necessary for the legitimate interests of Abdul Latif Jameel Finance.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING OR OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
OBJECTION - you have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal information unless the processing of your personal information is necessary for the legitimate interests of Abdul Latif Jameel Finance.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you've provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
At any time you have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information.
You will be informed (before collecting your data) if your data is intended to be used for marketing purposes or to be disclosed to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the enquiry form used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting United International Trading at email@example.com.
When you fill in a form on the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website (for example, the enquiry form), you must use any check boxes to indicate your preferences regarding use of your information and/or do not provide the relevant information. If you do not want your data to be used in this way, or for your details to be passed on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure you indicate this using the relevant box. However, please note if you do not provide all or correct information requested, it may not possible to provide you with the relevant information and/or services.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
If you have a complaint or concern about our privacy practices or how we have used or processed your personal information, you can report it to the relevant GDPR supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
Please note that some of the rights listed above may be limited where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process your personal data or not disclose the same.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer when you visit a website and are used to distinguish your device but cannot identify you personally.
For detailed information on the cookies used and the purposes for which they are used, managed and deleted, please refer to the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website’s.
Third-party Sites and Sponsors
The Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website may contain links to and from the websites of other businesses of Abdul Latif Jameel Finance, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. For more information about this right please see the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/.
Abdul Latif Jameel Finance does not knowingly collect the information of, or make contact with, children, including to participate in customer research activities.
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information via the Abdul Latif Jameel Finance Website.
Users aged 18 or under without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.